Violin & Viola, Beginning Cello & Bass – Waterford – $37 per half hour
Shawn Boucké began playing violin in 1997. He graduated high school with the National School Orchestra Award and went to Central Michigan University to study music education. In the past Shawn has been principal violinist and violist of the CMU Symphony orchestra, as well as part of the Midland Symphony and Macomb Symphony.
Shawn is a trained Suzuki teacher. Since every student is different, depending on individual strengths, he will create a personalized method to produce the best educational environment for each student no matter their age or experience.
Shawn currently teaches student of all ages. He teaches classical music as well as fiddling, rock, blues, jazz, pop, and many other styles. You can often find Shawn performing on his electric violin at weddings, working in recording studios as a freelance musician, or on stage with various bands. Shawn has received the Couple Choice award from WeddingWire and the Best of TheKnot for three straight years with over one hundred five-star reviews as a violinist and DJ.
Shawn has been playing violin for over 20 years and teaching private lessons for close to a decade. Head over to his website linked above to read more information, watch and listen to recording and check out times to schedule lessons.
- Master of Music on viola graduating Summa cum laude from Central Michigan University in 2020
- Bachelor of Music Education on violin from Central Michigan University in 2009
- Holds a current Michigan teaching certificate
- Trained Suzuki Teacher in ECC (Every Child Can) and Book 1
- Current Studio Chair for the Michigan Board of the American String Teachers Association